Website Alberta Health Services
Emergency Registered Nurse in Alberta Canada
Your Opportunity as an Emergency Registered Nurse in Alberta Canada
The energetic Town of Westlock offers something for everyone – a great community to raise a family, a fun, active lifestyle with both indoor and outdoor recreation opportunities, and a community full of residents happy to lend a helping hand. Westlock is a mix of urban amenities with a country lifestyle and boasts an active arts and culture scene. Here in Westlock, you’ll find a friendly, engaged community looking to offer its residents the best. Emergency Registered Nurse in Alberta Canada
Description of Emergency Registered Nurse in Alberta Canada
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, communities, and populations, while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. In your role, you will utilize nursing processes, through critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making, as well as teach, counsel, and advocate on behalf of patients and their families. You will lead in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion, and maintenance. You will provide safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
PLEASE NOTE: Provisional Permit Holders shall be paid $35.87/hour – $43.82/hour. Upon being entered into the register of Registered Nurses, the rate of pay shall be adjusted to the rate of pay applicable to a Registered Nurse by AHS/UNA Article 25.02(b)(i) or (ii) as applicable. Emergency Registered Nurse in Alberta Canada
Required Qualification for Emergency Registered Nurse in Alberta Canada
To be an Emergency Registered Nurse in Alberta, certain qualifications must be met.
- First and foremost, the individual must hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree or equivalent and be registered with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Additionally, practical experience in emergency nursing is required, typically a minimum of two years.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications are required, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification may be preferred.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and decision-making skills are essential, as well as the ability to remain calm and focused in high-pressure situations.
- Continuous education and professional development are also expected to maintain competence in emergency nursing practice.
Additional Required Qualifications: Emergency Registered Nurse in Alberta Canada
Must possess strong critical thinking and prioritization skills. Ability to work shift rotation schedules. Able to meet the physical demands of the job. Competence in relevant technical nursing skills and a willingness to learn new skills as required. Must be a team player, willing to train and help in all areas of the hospital as required.
Preferred Qualifications for Emergency Registered Nurse in Alberta Canada
ACLS, PALS, TNCC, and CTAS an assets.
You may like to apply for, Registered Nurse Jobs in Edmonton Canada| Best Health Career in Canada | 2024
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org