Job details: Compass Group – Food Packer/ Food Service Worker
Here’s how the job details align with your job preferences. Manage job preferences anytime in your profile.
Salary: $17.44 an hour
Job type: full time
Shift & schedule: weekend as needed, day shift
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military instillations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we’re here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Job Details: Compass Group – Food Packer/ Food Service Worker|
Wage: $17.44/hr (17.94 after 60 working days)
Status: Full Time and Part Time
Schedule: As per business needs (Day shifts – including weekends)
Location: 661 Martin Street, Milton ON
Important Information: Compass Group – Food Packer/ Food Service Worker
The Milton Cook Chill (CCFPC) is a HACCP Certified Food Production Center producing meals daily. Tasks include food preparation, assembling hot & cold food items and cleaning. Our facility is located within the grounds of Maplehurst Correctional Facility BUT Cook Chill is an independent production facility separate from Maplehurst Corrections. Our facility has NO inmates on site, the associates that work for Compass have NO interaction or access to inmates, the facility is strictly for Compass associates and food preparation only.
- COLD REFRIGERATED ENVIRONMENT
- Safety Shoe Discount
Prepares, presents and serves meals, ensuring the quality of the food and overall presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Compass Group – Food Packer/ Food Service Worker
- Perform prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
- Store food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
- Carry pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards
- Distribute supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
- Perform general cleaning duties; remove trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Utilize approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control. Notify cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
- Serve customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
- Assure compliance with all sanitation and safety requirement.
Qualifications: Compass Group – Food Packer/ Food Service Worker
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Food Service Workers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage heavy workload.
- Ability to work both independently and in team setting as required.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Previous food service experience in healthcare, hotel, restaurant or fast food is considered an asset.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact [email protected] for further information
for more jobs: please visit here